- Carmine is determined to keep me guessing. When he doesn't want to do something, he'll shake his head vigorously, while yelling "yeh-yeh!" And whether he wants his shoes/coat on or off, he consistently asks for them to be put 'on.' We seem to be perpetually living out Opposite Day.
- Always eager to take after his big brothers, he loves brushing his teeth at night. The only problem is that he can't quite reach the sink, and uses toothpaste that doesn't need to be spit out, but of course he sees Gabe and Dante spit theirs out, so he wants to do the same - and he does, regardless of where he's standing - in the middle of the bathroom, or in the hallway. The boy loves to spit.
- Gabe is becoming - or at least believes he's becoming - wise beyond his years. Dante asked him to play Chutes and Ladders this morning, and Gabe said he didn't want to, because he doesn't like to play that game anymore, and Dante reminded him that he used to love to play it. To which Gabe replied "Well, I'm growing up, Dante. Times change."
- His new catchphrase, whenever we thank him for doing something is "Oh, it was nothing." Because that's just how cool he is.
-Dante’s class has invited all the moms in for breakfast this coming Friday morning. He’s reminded me of this at least 20 times in the past two days. I think he’s a little excited : )
- Dante has started writing yet another story, and this time it seems to be a spinoff of Captain Underpants. His version is called "Captain Poopy Under Diaper."
I knew that with three little boys, I'd be subjected to quite a bit of potty humor, but I had no idea just how bad it would get. I try to ignore as much of it as possible, but it really gets under my skin sometimes, because I just don't get why it's so hilarious to randomly insert the word poop into songs and sentences and stories. Apparently it is completely hilarious, but the humor is lost on me.
One of the hazards of being the lone female in the house, I suppose.